The Technical University of Crete, Environmental Engineering Laboratory (TUCeeL) is one of the key laboratories in the School of Environmental Engineering focusing on experimental as well as theoretical aspects of contaminant transport in porous media and environmental systems, including the following specific topics:
- Transport of biocolloids (viruses and bacteria) as well as nanoparticles in subsurface formations.
- Transport of polydisperse colloids in natural fractures.
- Dissolution of multi-component nonaqueous phase liquids in porous media.
- Mathematical modelling of reactive transport in subsurface formations.
- Development of an environmentally friendly technology for groundwater remediation using acoustic waves.
- Solar energy applications in environmental systems.