(a) Current Projects
(b) Completed Projects
- “Fate and transport of biocolloids and nanoparticles in groundwater and effects of polluted water on public health”, HELLENIC MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS: ARISTEIA I (No. 1185), Acronym: BioNFate, Project coordinator: Dr. C.V. Chrysikopoulos, 2012 – 2015, PI (500,000 €).
- “Geomechanics and environment of CO2 geological storage”, HELLENIC MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS: THALIS, Project coordinator: Dr. Ε. Papamichos (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki), 2012 – 2015, Co-PI (521,740 €).
- “Inactivation and transport of biocolloids in porous media”, HELLENIC MINISTRY OF NATIONAL EDUCATION AND RELIGIOUS AFFAIRS: HERACLITOS II Project, Grant No. 284, Project coordinator: Dr. C.V. Chrysikopoulos, 2011 – 2014, PI (45,000 €).
- “Study of virus (bacteriophage) transport in saturated and unsaturated aquifers”, University of Patras, Research Committee, “K. Karatheodori” Project, 2007 – 2009, PI (24,000 €).
- “Integrated actions in order to protect coastal areas from anthropogenic pollutions and for groundwater restoration by reversing the seawater intrusion in coastal aquifers,” INTERREG IIIA Greece-Italy, 2006 – 2008, Specific theme: Protection of coastal aquifers from seawater intrusion, Acronym: PRIMAC , Project coordinator: Dr. Ing. C. Masciopinto, Co-PI, (932,000 €).
- “Investigation of Groundwater Contamination by Viruses During Infiltration of Recycled Water: Laboratory and Field Experiments,” HELLENIC REPUBLIC MINISTRY OF DEVELOPMENT: GENERAL SECRETARIAT FOR RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT, 2006 – 2008, PI (60,000 €).